Ignite Innovation Programme
After a difficult year, you and your colleagues have had to come up with even more unique ways to tackle the issues surrounding patient flow. Why not share your ideas with a panel of experts at the forum?
We are looking for nurses like you with bold ideas to tackle and improve the patient journey through the health care system! We have hand-picked a panel of experts ready to hear your solutions.
To get your creatives juices flowing, we’ve come up with some suggestions on what you could base your idea on:
Ideas to consider?
- A new role that has been introduced to improve co-ordination of patients
- Better collaboration with community partners to improve discharge planning
- A new clinical pathway that has been introduced to speed up the patient journey
- A new technology that has been introduced to improve the monitoring or reporting of patient movement
- Introduction of a new dashboard to improve the visibility of patients across departments
- A culture change to improve existing patient pathways
- Introduction of telehealth to improve follow up care and improve avoidable admissions
- Introduction of a new service to reduce avoidable admissions
How to enter:
- In no more than 1,000 words, please explain how your idea unlocks one or more of the following:
- More capacity to cope with service demand
- Improves the patient experience
- Uses existing technologies to improve patient flow
- Improves the experience for staff in your organisation
- Entry deadline: submit your patient flow solution idea by Friday 12 March 2021
- Shortlisting: if your entry is successful you will be contacted on Monday 12 April 2021 and invited to the virtual Nursing Times Patient Flow Forum to participate in the Ignite Innovation Programme
- If shortlisted, you must be available to virtually attend the Nursing Times Patient Flow Forum on the mornings of Wednesday 13 and Thursday 14 May 2021
What do I win?
- Successfully shortlisted individuals will receive a free pass to virtually attend the Nursing Times Patient Flow Forum
- Your shortlisted presentation will be in front of the event audience, giving you a great opportunity to raise the profile of your work in a room full of nurse innovators
- The winner will receive a write up about their idea in the Nursing Times magazine
So what are you waiting for? Tell us about your revolutionary idea to tackle patient flow!